- RSS Channel Showcase 6116498
- RSS Channel Showcase 1230658
- RSS Channel Showcase 5235052
- RSS Channel Showcase 3405607
Articles on this Page
- 05/29/17--17:04: _Baltimore-DC area G...
- 05/31/17--05:53: _US Mòd Prescribed S...
- 06/11/17--07:34: _Margaret Stewart, M...
- 06/18/17--07:55: _Harper James Ruff t...
- 07/10/17--18:47: _Briathrachas nan Cè...
- 11/22/17--06:44: _Christine Primrose ...
- 02/07/18--17:57: _First ‘Oidhche nam ...
- 05/29/17--17:04: Baltimore-DC area Gaelic Learning Groups plan June 5 Picnic
- 05/31/17--05:53: US Mòd Prescribed Songs for Men and Women
- 06/18/17--07:55: Harper James Ruff to teach at ACGA Fèis
- 07/10/17--18:47: Briathrachas nan Cèilidhean: Cèilidh Talk!
- 02/07/18--17:57: First ‘Oidhche nam Bàrd’ Celebrates Scottish Gaelic Poetry
Two East Coast Gaelic Learning Communities plan to meet up on Sunday, June 4, from 1-5 pm, for a picnic and Gaelic hike at Carderock Recreation Area just outside Washington, D.C. Gàidhlig Photomac, a group of Gaelic learners in the DC-Northern Virginia-Southern Maryland area, will join with Sgoil Ghàidhlig Bhaile an Taigh Mhòir, the Baltimore Gaelic […]
Two classic Scottish Gaelic songs — Gillean Ghleann Dail for men and A Fhleasgaich Òig as Ceanalta for women — were chosen as prescribed songs for the Gold Medal competition at the U.S. National Mòd this September. These are both highly popular songs that have been recorded by several artists, including Arthur Cormack, Flora MacNeill and […]
Famed Scottish singers Maighread Stiùbhart (Margaret Stewart) and Murchadh Dòmhnallach (Murdo “Wasp” MacDonald) will be adjudicators at the 30th annual U.S. National Mòd, a three-day festival of Scottish Gaelic song, poetry, storytelling and music this Sept. 22-24 in Ligonier, Pennsylvania. This is the first time in several years that the Mòd will feature two adjudicators, and An Comunn […]
Last year, James Ruff won the men’s gold medal for Gaelic song at the U.S. National Mòd. This year, he will return to Ligonier, Pennsylvania, to lead a special harp workshop at the inaugural ACGA Fèis, a one-day program of workshops in Scottish Gaelic culture. Ruff will lead a workshop Sept. 22 on the role of the […]
Going to a cèilidh? You may want to learn or brush up on these phrases, selected and recorded by Fèisean nan Gàidheal. This vocabulary list teaches you to say where you or someone else is from in Gaelic, how to welcome people, and how to talk about the music that’s being played or songs being […]
Scottish Gaelic learners and fans of Gaelic song in the New York area will have a unique opportunity to meet and study with one of the leading exponents of Gaelic song in Scotland this December, Christine Primrose. The New York Caledonian Club will present a workshop with Primrose on Wednesday, Dec. 13, from 7-9 pm, at […]
Everyone, practically everywhere, has heard of Robert Burns and Burns’ Night, but what about Scotland’s Gaelic poets? They got their due and their own night Jan. 27, when 20 people gathered to celebrate centuries of poets and Gaelic poetry and share poems and songs at Oidhche nam Bàrd in Alexandria, Virginia. Gàidhlig Photomac, the Scottish Gaelic Learning Community […]